Pages

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving...in words and pictures

Today, if you're in the ol' USA, was Thanksgiving.  Turkey Day.  The Day the Pants Don't Button.  A homage to food, friends, and family.  And a very large relative of the chicken.  I cooked a large portion of the dinner this year, and I'm happy to report we have had an all round Thanksgiving WIN.  Even the kids liked what we made, so score!  I will now bore/tempt/torture you with pictures of food from our little feast.  :)






Our turkey.  Yeah, I know, it's a little fuzzy, but you can still see how awesome and golden it is.  We brined it this year, and let me tell ya...they aren't kidding.  This was one juicy bird.



In true pirate fashion, I made crossbones out of the drumsticks on the serving platter.  ARG!  Pass me leg!




This was an apple and sage sausage stuffing that I tried this year.  AWE-some.  Yeah.  You can't really tell, but theres all sorts of goodness in there.  Apples, sausage, pecans, onions....MMM.



Yummy sweet potato bake with fresh cranberries.  I got this recipe from a friend last year, and it is stellar.  And so easy!



Brussels sprouts.  I love this things.  I think I say that every time I post a picture, and I've probably posted two already, lol.  For those of you that cringe, I say more for me!  ;)



And our Seussian pile of mashed potatoes.  It was GIANORMOUS.  And so good.  And totally almost gone by the end of the meal.  We apparently are potato kind of people.  :)

I can't even believe I didn't get a picture of my green bean casserole!  It was my pride and joy.  Made from scratch, as I mentioned in my mingle, and I am happy to report it turned out MUCH better than last year and I don't think I'll ever go back to cans again.

Follow all that up with pumpkin rum pie, and that was pretty much the day.  We played a bunch of board games afterward, and watched "Up" (which, if you haven't GO NOW.  I'll be here when you get back.) and generally had a good ol' time.  I'm very thankful for all of my wonderful online friends!  Love you guys!  I hope all of you had a wonderful holiday!

2 comments:

Brandi said...

Looks like such an amazing meal. I ended up having two Thanksgiving meals yesterday -- and by the end of the night, I felt as stuffed as the turkey.
Hope you have a lovely weekend!

Ducky said...

Oh my gosh! That sweet potato bake with the cranberries looks SO yummy. I'm the sweetpotato soufle side dish gal. Anyone who want this dish is sure to invite me :O)

Kudos to you for all your cullinary skillz! I'm a side dish Turkey Day gal ALL THE WAY!