Pages

Friday, April 16, 2010

Resolution Update

This week I updated my progress with my weight loss, like I have been doing, but I actually looked at my totals thus far and was pleasantly surprised.  Since January, I've lost 10 pounds, 5 inches off my waist, and 2 inches each off my chest and hips.  It's nowhere near where I wanted to be three months later, and I can't help but think how much farther along I could be if I had doubled my efforts and really dug in.  Don't get me wrong though, it's still a great start and I'm still very proud.  It's encouraging.  And I totally plan to keep up with what I'm doing, if not give myself a little kick in the butt again.  For being such an eternal optimist I'm often times very hard on myself.  "Oh...I could have done better."  "Well I only walked today, I should have done more of a workout."  Blah blah blah.  Fact is, I've made huge changes in my life that are building toward a healthier future, and that's something to be proud of!  So here's to no more negativity!
I've not done quite as well with my finances, but I've gotten back on track in the last month, so things are looking up there as well.  I still saved a little, and a little is better than none at all!  I've got a budget, I've got reminders, I've got my calendars, I've got it all, so hopefully in a little while I'll have some more savings to go with it!  I'm not gonna lie ya'll, keeping up with my money is practically painful.  After my Olympic trip everything went haywire and I didn't touch anything for a good month.  Yeah...mistake.  I spent two and half hours one just catching up on entries, and another two hours another day just getting everything to balance.  Then I took the following day to uncross my eyes, lol.  BUT, everything is SO scheduled and in line now that I'm very pleased.  And you can bet I'm going to make sure it stays that way.  I also learned that when I have to write everything down, I don't spend as much.  Funny, isn't it?  It's like, that was the point of a checkbook all along...hmmm.....  ;)
As far as my other resolutions, I think I have done much better at keeping in touch with my friends.  I have NOT done much for my crafty business, nor my guitar, which I've only picked up a handful of times.  That's ok though, I gave myself quite a list to focus on, and focusing on the two I have been I think is the most important.
Well, that's where I stand on my New Years Resolutions as of right now!  So tell me, how are YOU doing?

No comments: