Pages

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Chocolate cake!

*sings* Dad is great! He gives us chocolate cake!
Anyone who knows where that quote is from gets my love and affection forever. :) However, my Dad did not give me this chocolate cake, I made it myself from a forwarded email recipe. This, ladies, is a 5 minute chocolate mug cake!




This is what it looked like right out of the microwave. It's a cake mushroom cloud!


How delicious does that look?


So...just for the record, when you decide to make this (and you will, I promise!), make sure you get the bottom edges of your mug when you're mixing. I tried to, but apparently I didn't do well enough. Although those flour spots over on the left kind of look like a smiley face don't they? :)


The full cake dumped out of the mug.

A closeup, because I love to take pictures of food. I just think it's very photogenic.

What's that you say? What is the recipe for the quick and tasty cake? For those of you that haven't gotten this email forward, here it is:

5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE

4 tablespoons flour

4 tablespoons sugar

2 tablespoons cocoa

1 egg

3 tablespoons milk

3 tablespoons oil

3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)

A small splash of vanilla extract

1 large coffee mug

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly.

Pour in the milk and oil and mix well.

Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and mix again.

Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts.

The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!

Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.

EAT! (this can serve 2 if you want to feel slightly more virtuous).


I'll tell you it is a really dense cake, so make sure you have a glass of milk handy! Also, if you do make it, let me know how you liked it! More life updates to come at a later date. For now, let them eat cake!

8 comments:

The Blonde Duck said...

That's from Bill Cosby! I loved that act! And that chocolate cake DOES look great!

Alexis AKA MOM said...

I can't believe it actually worked! I saw this in an email a while back and I was like no way could it work. Ok see I was going with that so I wouldn't eat sweets, now I have to try it ... LOL

When you get time come back and put 3 seperate comments on my Purseket Giveaway, got to make sure you get all your entries :)

Muah!!!!

Alexis AKA MOM said...

P.S. I love you steal Splenda too!

Anonymous said...

That looks SOO GOOD..

kel said...

Visiting from SITS.. yum! I would put some hot fudge on that baby!!!

Alexis AKA MOM said...

Coming back to drool some more! YUMMY

Alexis AKA MOM said...

I so want those DVD too, if you find out how much and where let me know :). I so need Julian :)

Allegro ma non troppo said...

If there's 4 tablespoons of flour, ans 4 tablespoons of sugar... your cake is half sugar. Yikes!