Pages

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Slight change of plans

So, unfortunately my day didn't go as well as I had hoped it would. Frank tells me they're in a hiring freeze until the end of August/September, and also that King wants to sit down and talk with me, but only when I'm in town for good. I explain to him that I can't really move down without a job because I have no way to support myself, but I'll see what I can do. I then have to tell Linda that I don't have a job, so I can't get the loan. She tells me it's ok, and to keep in touch and let me know what I'm up to. The condo I saw that morning really wasn't as great as I had hoped it would be anyway, so it kind of all worked out. I then spent the afternoon apartment hunting again and totally wore myself out. I had thought that maybe I'd just try and come down in mid-June and find a regular job until Frank was hiring again. I also called Desert Entertainment, who said that they can't guarantee work because it's also their slow season, and they want me to be in town before they hire me, but still to fax them my resume, which I will do. So all this happens on Wednesday. Thursday morning, Brach calls me from Bigfork saying that one of their techs told them yesterday they can't come and would I be interested? It kind of took me by surprise, but I agreed. I mean, what else am I going to do but sit on my parents couch and be a bum. At least this way I'll be making some money. I'm only working for the build period, which goes through mid-July, so that gives me the end of July to sort of hang out and do things, and then I plan to head down at the beginning of August, probably with Erin at that point. Then at least I won't be hanging out jobless as long, and I'll still be in town a little while before they start to do the hiring. Oh, and also, Frank had told me to keep him posted on what I was up to, so I sent him an email that evening saying I was going to be in Bigfork and would probably make it down the beginning of August, and literally three minutes later I got one back saying "I'll see you in Bigfork!" So yay. :) I guess everything works itself out....it always does, I don't know why I'm still surprised. But I'm very glad that at least I have things working out for me a little bit, even though it's not in the way I had originally planned.

On a side note, I plan to still keep up with at least some of my Nervousness things, and I keep meaning to get pictures of the stuff I've gotten back so far, but I haven't yet. I'll do that here in the next couple days and get those posted so you can see them. :)

No comments: