Pages

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Writer's Workshop

I thought I would participate in Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop this week.  If you'd like to join in, just go visit Mama Kat here.  And while you're there, check out what other people have written!
For this week's prompt I've chosen: Why are you burned out?


To be quite honest, I'm not sure if I'm burned out so much as fed up.  Are they the same thing?  Maybe.  Here are my frustrations though.


*Not having a set schedule.  It absolutely drives me crazy not knowing if/when I can schedule other things in my life due to work.  I only know my work schedule a week in advance and it's never the same.  I understand I work retail and that's the nature of the beast.  However, if given the choice I wouldn't work retail.  Which leads me to...


*Not being able to find a "Good Job."  I would like to preface this with the fact that I am very thankful to even HAVE a job right now.  I am also thankful that it's a job I don't mind doing.  However, it's just not doing as much for me as it needs to.  I have quite a bit of debt I'm trying to pay off, as well as being able to save some money for future endeavors.  Right now I'm just barely making my bills with enough left for groceries.  And while I'm glad I'm able to pay my bills, I don't like cutting it so close.


*Not being as productive as I'd like.  I have grand plans of things to do when I don't have to work, but the fact of the matter is on my days off I wind up sleeping late, reading, and watching TV.  I don't want to do anything else.  Then later I always think, "Well, as nice as that was, you've wasted another day."  A huge thing I'm working on is adding other things to my daily routine.  Even if it's blogging.  That's something different.  Yesterday, a friend and I exercised for 45 min and it was awesome.  Baby steps.


I think really why I'm burned out is because I do a job with a crazy schedule most of the week and then when I DO have the time to things I want to, I'm just lazy, which in turn makes me frustrated.  So I think really like I said, I think I'm more fed up than burned out.  Regardless though, I'm tying to work on it little by little.  :)

No comments: