Pages

Monday, March 17, 2008

Consider it Stricken

Well, this post is a little late in coming, but c'est la vie. We had strike on March 8th for Stop Kiss, and it went really well. We started around 9:20ish and wrapped up at 11:45. I think that's the earliest we've been done with strike since I've been here. It was a little like locusts swarming to a fallen antelope carcass, to use Jess Owen's phrasing. It was there, and then it was gone.

I cannot possibly express in words the relief I feel now that I'm completely uncommitted. I haven't felt this ... free ... since my freshman year. It's wonderful. I go home in the afternoons and actually get to work on things that I've been meaning to do for a long time. Papers, crafts, etc.

My next big adventure is coming up very soon, I will be leaving this Wednesday to fly to Houston, TX for USITT. Oh the fun we will have! I'm very much looking forward to that, and you can bet I'll keep you posted. Also coming up directly after my return from Houston, is a trip to Las Vegas. You can imagine my excitement. My parents and I are going down for Spring Break, whoo hoo! I've also got a meeting with a potential employer while I'm there, so that should be interesting. Let's hope I actually like the city enough to live there. If that's the case, you can be reassured that my blog will be much more exciting. :)

Also:

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!

Hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday! :)

No comments: