Pages

Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Fire Alarm Hates Me

Yes, you read that correctly.

The fire alarm hates me.

For about the last 3 or 4 days (they're all starting to run together...), the fire alarm has been chirruping.  Just change the battery you say?  One would think that would be an easy solution.  The fact of the matter is, the battery HAS been changed.  TWICE.  In TWO DIFFERENT fire alarms.  Also noteworthy, it only starts beeping somewhere between midnight and 2 a.m. and continues to 6 a.m., when it then decides that it's tired and needs to take a rest.  Is is just me or is that fairly bizarre fire alarm behavior?

I think this is also why I've had a twitch in my left eye for approximately the same amount of time.

*sigh*

After checking every other fire alarm in the house, the issue has been resolved....for the time being anyway.  I'm not sure I trust it anymore.  *sideways look*

In other bizarre news of my life, I seem to have done something to my wrist.....while jogging.  Jogging!  I can only assume I did it while jogging because I was fine when I left, and when I came back, as soon as I got some water and sat down I got a shooting pain through my wrist and it's been there ever since.  I'm pretty sure I'm the only person on the planet that can torque a wrist going for a jog.  This also proves that exercise is dangerous and should be approached (if at all) with caution.  (Jillian or Bob, if you ever see this...I'm totally just kidding.  I'll be back outside tomorrow AND doing your dvd workouts and pleasedon'tmakemedo1000pushupsImaydie.)

In not so bizarre news, I'm officially unemployed for the time being, with a couple job prospects in the wings, neither of which will have any conclusive decisions/interviews until the first week in May.  Oi.  Well...on the positive side, that *in theory* gives me way more time to blog.  Right?  Right.  I'll try to maybe get some stories up of some of the craziness I've been dealing with the past few months, but I promise nothing.  :)

Anyway, it's getting on really late and I'm going to try to get to bed before the fire alarm starts its antics again.

*eye twitch*

No comments: