Pages

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Routine

I love routines.  I really do.  I love them almost as much as I love spontaneity.  This week I think I finally figured out my routine and I'm really happy.  We started having our "real" meetings this week, which means doing official business-type stuff that I have to keep straight for both committees.  I'm basically in charge of scheduling meetings and then sitting in and keeping an official set of minutes.  Sounds easy, but I assure you it's much more work than you'd think.  I do really like it though, so that's really the best part of the whole thing.

I'm trying to work some other things into my new routine, and I'm doing better with some than with others. As I mentioned in my last post, I'm going to do my cooking projects on Sundays (or Saturdays...just the weekend in general), and this week is mushrooms.  I'm going back and forth between raviolis and soup.  I think raviolis are going to win though, I love me some pasta.  My plan at the moment is just to pick up the ingredients and then see what happens.  Whoo!

Let's see....oh!  So I had talked to a friend of mine and we agreed that we should run a 5k in June.  I was all excited and like, "Yeah, this will be awesome!"  Yesterday, this friend of mine says, "I think instead we should do the half marathon!"  I of course agreed, cause how awesome is that, right?  Neither of us have signed up yet (money and all you know), but registration just started and goes through May.  The race is in July, so that gives me a lot of time to train so, you know, I won't die.  Plus we don't have to RUN the whole thing, a run/walk combo is accepted and encouraged.  But still I'm like, "That's a long way..."  If this actually comes to fruition, this will be one of my major life goals as well.  I've never been good at running, mostly because I've always been the chubby kid and didn't like to.  Plus, being out of shape and trying to run is probably one of the most difficult things ever.  But I shall overcome.  I will make myself into a lean, mean, running machine.  Oh yeah.
That's about all I got for now folks.  Stay tuned to see how my food endeavors turn out!

No comments: