Pages

Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year!


Ah yes.  Can you feel it?  That sense of excitement, ambition, hope.  A clean slate.  New start.  Everyone gets a chance to try again.  Refreshing isn't it?  I think overall 2010 was a really amazing year, the best I've had in a while actually, and I'm very, VERY thankful.  I decided to look back at my New Years post from last year and see how I did.  Not surprisingly, I didn't do as well as I had hoped, but even still I did make *some* progress.  Here's what I posted last year (abbreviated):


*Eat better and exercise more.
This I actually succeeded in the most of all my goals, and I think as far as a goal to do well with this is the best one.  Since this time last year I'm down a total of 15 pounds and a pants size.  I've lost 13 total inches off my body.  While this is really great and I'm excited, I still have a ways to go.  I wish I could have lost more, but at least I lost it and it stayed off.  For that, I'm very thankful.

*Save my money.
I did really well with this for a good little while, and then....summer came.  All the money I saved went down the drain in 3 short months.  Boo.  So here I am, back at square one and ready to start again.  And also ready to take precautions against what happened last time.  (PS - I had also mentioned saving for a Wii Fit to help with the healthy goal, which I did save for and get, and which did help me.  So yay!)

*Blogging more regularly.
EPIC FAIL.  Try again sister.

*Keep in touch better.
I think I've done this for the most part.  I realize that there are ebbs and flows in friendships and I can't stay in constant contact with EVERYONE all the time.  But I think I have tried to be more aware of keeping in touch.

*Craft business.
Also epic fail.  Try again sister.

*Learn guitar.
Last epic fail.  Try again sister.

So with that look at last year's goals, here's what I'm going for this year:

*Stick with the continuing diet and exercise.  I'm on a roll baby!

*Try again with the savings.  This year my savings goal is getting ONE ENTIRE LOAN paid off.  Oh yeah baby.  That would be a weight lifted off my shoulders and starting to see a light at the end of my tunnel of debt.

*Blogging restart.  I've said it so often I don't even believe myself anymore.  But I don't just want to blog more consistently, I'd like to do a total overhaul.  Maybe even start a new one.  We'll see how that pans out though.  For now, let's try for consistency.

*Make time for cooking.  I love to cook and I'd like to put some extra energy into making new things and getting in the habit of eating fresh over premade.

*Keep a list of things that inspire me and look at frequently.

*Also a list of things I'd like to do.  Pick something and take a step to try one every so often.

That sounds like a good start to the new year.  As always I expect a certain amount of laziness, but as long as I have some goals to work toward I feel good.  I hope everyone has a wonderful New Years and I hope 2011 brings you all lots of wonderful things!

No comments: